I return to town tomorrow. / So soon!
My Jane looks well, does she not? / She does indeed.
A Guide to Being Awkward, brought to you by Pride and Prejudice (2005):
1. Accidentally let slip to the girl you like you can’t read.
2. Bow to a lady with a dirty hemline.
3. Be Mr. Collins.
4. Gawk at Jane.
5. Wave your glove around like a dag instead of proposing like a man.
6. Nearly get elbowed by Darcy.
7. Be Mr. Collins.
8. Try not to enjoy yourself staring at Lady Norrington’s testies.
9. Try to have eye sex with the man you rejected.
What a shame, for I dearly love to laugh.
A family trait, I think.